The Workshop targets presentations applying various text analysis methods, which include the following:
- classical content analysis methods
- dictionary-based methods
- classification and machine learning methods
- scaling methods
- topic models
- qualitative techniques of human coding and annotation for the purposes of validation for automated approaches
Presentations problematizing fundamental issues of quantitative text analysis are also encouraged, on topics such as inter-coder agreement, reliability, validation, accuracy, and precision.
Each presentation will benefit of 30 min time slot, which we plan to include 10 minutes of discussions. Participants are offered the opportunity to develop their presentation in a manuscript to be submitted to the Special Issue: Applied Quantitative Text Analysis, coordinated by the key-note-speakers, and hosted by the Romanian Journal of Political Science, Vol. 20, no. 2, Winter 2020.
- October 30th, 2019 Extended abstracts submission
- November 15th, 2019 Final program announcement
- November 28-29th, 2019 Methods workshop
- January, 31st, 2020
- Manuscript submission
- June, 2020
- Final decision on publication
Two categories of participants are welcomed: presenters and attenders. In fact, we opened attendance to persons who do not present upon the request we received.
 The workshop charges a 40 EUR participation fee. PhD students can apply for fee waivers.